Founded in 1962, Walmart is a US-based multinational corporation with a chain of discount stores, hypermarkets, and grocery stores.
Walmart is also one of the favorite to-go places for millions of people in the US, partially because of discounts.
Walmart accepts a great number of payment methods as well as gift cards.
If you are wondering what payment methods you can use, read on to find out how you can pay at Walmart.
Does Walmart take Google Pay? What payment options can you use at Walmart?
Does Walmart Take Google Pay?
No, Walmart doesn’t take Google Pay as one of the available payment options.
Unfortunately, you can’t use Google Pay to pay for goods at Walmart. Even though Walmart may have some plans to introduce payment methods such as Google Pay, users need to choose other available methods of payment.
Why Walmart Doesn’t Accept Google Pay?
One of the possible reasons why Walmart doesn’t accept Google Pay or similar services like Samsung Pay is the fact that the company offers Walmart Pay.
Walmart Pay is a payment application that allows Walmart customers to pay for their goods at any Walmart store or hypermarket.
Since Walmart Pay works similarly to Google Pay, it would be a conflict of interest for Walmart to offer both payment services.
What Payment Options Can You Use at Walmart?
You can choose from more than a single payment option at the checkout. If you are buying at Walmart, you can use the following payment options at the checkout:
- Credit cards
- Debit Cards
- EBT – EBT doesn’t work online for Louisiana, Montana, and Alaska
- Capital One Walmart Credit Cards
- Walmart Pay
- Gift cards – you can’t use gift cards to buy other different gift cards
You can connect and link any of the payment methods to your Walmart Pay wallet for easy contactless payment.
You can either make a payment online or at physical Walmart stores.
How to Add a Payment Method?
You can add a payment method of your choice to your Walmart account so that you can check out easily every time you shop with Walmart.
To add your favorite payment options, follow these easy instructions:
- Select the Account option.
- Next, click on Wallet.
- Tap on Add a new payment method.
- Choose your preferred payment option then click on it to add it.
- Enter your details – you can scan your cards for quicker processing.
- Click on Save.
If you wish to remove any of the payment options on your Account, you just need to click on Edit within your Wallet section.
How to Use Walmart Pay?
Walmart Pay offers a contactless and easy checkout option.
Users can store all their credit and debit cards, as well as gift cards, and use them at Walmart via their phones.
You can use Walmart Pay on regular registers and at self-checkout.
How to Set Up Walmart Pay?
To set up your Walmart Pay and start using it, follow these simple step-by-step guidelines:
- Go to Google Play or the App Store and download the Walmart Pay app.
- Open the app and sign in with your credentials.
- To add a payment method or multiple payment options, tap on Services.
- Find the Walmart Pay option and add your favorite payment methods.
- Your Walmart Pay is ready to use at any Walmart store.
How to Pay with Walmart Pay?
Once you have set up your Walmart Pay, you can use it for contactless payments and easy and fast checkouts.
Here’s how you can use Walmart Pay to pay for your goods:
- Open your app as you are shopping and scan your items.
- All the scanned items will be saved as you proceed to the checkout.
- Scan the QR code at the checkout to pay for your goods.
- The payment will be processed in seconds and your electronic receipt will be saved to your Walmart Pay app.
You can use Walmart Pay at physical stores, while you can also pay with this option for deliveries and pickups.
Order your groceries and goods and have them picked up at your closest location.
You can also order groceries to be delivered and cover the cost with your Walmart app.
Can You Get Cashback with Walmart Pay?
Yes, you can get cash back, but not with Walmart Pay. In case you are eligible to use Capital One Walmart Rewards Card, you can get cash back on your purchases.
Walmart Pay allows easy checkout and contactless payments, however, you won’t get any cashback on your purchases.
To get cash back, you can check if you are pre-approved and eligible for Capital One Walmart Rewards Card.
How to Use Capital One Walmart Rewards Card?
You can apply for a Walmart Card or check if you are eligible and pre-approved without the risk of affecting your credit score. You can apply directly on the official Walmart website.
With Walmart Credit Card, you can earn rewards and cash back every time you shop at Walmart and partner stores.
Here’s how you can earn cash back every day:
- You will earn 5% cashback for every purchase at Walmart.com, which includes pickups and deliveries.
- You will earn 2% cashback in Walmart stores, restaurants, and fuel stations.
- You will earn 1% cashback in any store that accepts Mastercard.
You can’t use Google Pay at any of the Walmart stores, while this payment option is also not accepted on Walmartl.com.
However, you can choose among a great number of payment options when shopping at Walmart.
Perhaps the most cost-effective option is using a Capital One Walmart Rewards Card as you can get cash back with every purchase you make.
Walmart Pay also makes a great payment option as it allows easy and contactless checkout.